Friday, June 24, 2011

She Sells Seashells...

Remember when I was practicing with that new seashell pan?  Well, my aunt's birthday finally came and boy did I get some use out of that poor pan.  I made more of the chocolate seashell cakes and I also used the pan as a chocolate mold.


Swirled Seashell Chocolates 
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 oz. white chocolate chips



Prepare two double boilers.  In the bowl of one melt the chocolate and in the other melt the white chocolate.


Carefully spoon the melted white chocolate into on of the molds (about 1 teaspoon).  Spoon the chocolate on top of the white chocolate.  Run a toothpick through the chocolate to create a swirled look.


Let chocolates cool in the refrigerator for 45 min.  To help the chocolate release, place pan upside down on a cookie sheet in the freezer for about 15 min.  Gently tap the bottom of the pan.


P.S.  I ran out of white chocolate, so not all of mine are swirled, some are solid chocolate.








Here are some pictures of my elaborate seashell display...
Chocolate and white chocolate shells



Chocolate Teacakes with chocolate and white chocolate painted on top


More shells...

Still more shells...




   

No comments:

Post a Comment