Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy anniversary!!

Last week was my parents anniversary.  I prepared a special dinner for two. :)
Sorry, I don't have pictures of my dinner, but I was a rushed and didn't have time to take pictures while cooking.  :)


Shrimp Cocktail
Spinach Salad with warm bacon dressing
Spinach Ravioli with creamy crab sauce 

Spring Tart (recipe below)


Lemon Spring Tart 

1 1/2 c. crushed graham crackers
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 (14 oz.) can of sweetened condensed milk 

1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese 
1/3 c. lemon juice
zest of one lemon


Combine crushed graham crackers and butter.  Press down into a greased 9 in. spring form pan.  Bake for 5 min. at 350F


Meanwhile, combine the sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese in a stand mixer.  Beat until smooth.  Add the lemon juice and zest and mix to combine.


Pour mixture over the crust and bake for 30 min.
Let cool on a cooling rack for 20 min.  Refrigerate for 2 hours.  Serve with fresh fruit.


                Perfectly light and delicious.  A wonderful finish for any summer evening. 








  

1 comment:

  1. The creamy crab sauce was about the best thing I've ever eaten. Be sure to post something about that too!!

    ReplyDelete