Tuesday, November 8, 2011

European Mocha Fudge Cake

I am so sorry I haven't posted in forever!  I have been quite busy and keep forgetting to get pictures of the things I cook and bake.  But anyway, here is something I made that was absolutely amazing!!  Well, I mean what isn't amazing that has chocolate and coffee!!


European Mocha Fudge Cake
From the Hershey's Cookbook


1 1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. special dark cocoa
4 eggs
1/4 t. salt
1 t. vanilla extract
2 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1 c. finely chopped pecans


Creamy coffee filling:
1 1/2 c. cold whipping cream
1/3 c. brown sugar
2 t. powdered instant coffee


Heat oven to 350F.  Butter and flour bottom and sides of 2 (9-in) round baking pans.


Melt butter and add cocoa stirring until blended. Cool slightly.


Beat eggs in a stand mixer until foamy.  Add salt and vanilla.  Gradually add sugar, beating well.  


Add cooled chocolate mixture; blend thoroughly.


Fold in flour.  Stir in pecans.


Pour mixture into prepared pans.  Bake 20-25 min.  Do not overbake!


Cool 5 min.; remove cake from pans to place on a wire rack.  Let cool COMPLETELY.  You might even want to refrigerate them for awhile just to make sure its nice and cool.


FOR THE FILLING:
Combine all ingredients; stir until coffee is almost dissolved.


Beat until stiff.


Spread this filling between layers, then over the top and sides of the cake.


Refrigerate 1 hour or longer before serving.


There is nothing better than chocolate and coffee!!!


         

1 comment:

  1. Jenni-
    So good to see your blog again! You have given me LOTS of ideas, and I can't wait to try them out!
    I may have to lay off the chocolate desserts for awhile, but the eggplant sauce sounds fabulous!
    KM

    ReplyDelete