Friday, October 7, 2011

Linda's Fresh Blueberry Cream Cheese pie

Well, I know I said I was all done making summer desserts, but I saw this on a friend's blog and I just had to try it!  I am glad I did because it was absolutely delicious!!!!


Linda's Fresh Blueberry Cream Cheese pie
Kim Munshower 
Slightly adapted by Jenni
1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 t. salt
1/3 c. butter (orig. 1/3 c. shortening)
2-4 T. water


1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. sour cream
1/2 t. vanilla
8 oz. neufchatel cheese (orig. 8 oz. cream cheese)


2 c. fresh blueberries


1 c. blueberries
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. sugar
2 T. cornstarch
1 T. lemon juice




Sift together the flour and salt.  Cut in the butter.  Gently mix in water until dough comes together.


Roll dough out to fit your pie pan.  Line pan with dough and bake at 450F for 10 min.  Let cool on a wire rack.  


Blend the sugar, sour cream, neufchatel cheese, and vanilla until smooth.


Spread this filling into the cooled pie crust.  Chill until firm, about 1 hour.


Top with the 2 c. blueberries.


Mash and boil the 1 c. blueberries and 1/2 c. water.  Add the sugar and cornstarch and stir until thick and bubbly.  Remove from heat and add lemon juice.


Cool completely.  When cool, gently pour the mixture over the blueberries and cream cheese.


Let chill for three hours before serving.


This dessert is only 280 calories per slice.  Which as far as desserts go, is not really that bad!  Plus, you're getting protein from the cream cheese and antioxidants from the blueberries! Yumminess!!! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment